4 cylinder & 6 cylinder cars may race in the enduro race, but the cars must remain as
stock as the V8 cars. Minimum wheelbase will not apply on the 4 & 6 cylinder cars.
- Bulid the cars safe!!!!!! Fire Extinguishers mounted in the car are MANDATORY. Do not
race without one!!! Doors must be either welded or chained shut. Seat Belts and racing
helmets are also required, racing harnesses are strongly recommended. Fuel Cells and
Roll cages are also strongly recommended, but not required for an enduro race.
The following rules apply to the V8 cars.
1. Any 1968 or newer American car (Except Ford Mustangs) with a factory wheelbase of at
least 101". No special order cars.
2. Complete stock body must be retained. NO cutting, chopping, channeling, shorting. All
chrome, plastic, and glass must be removed. Dash may be replaced with sheetmetal.
Steering column must remain stock may use quick release steering wheel. Hood pins may
be used to hold hood in place.
3. Suspension must be completely stock for that make and model. NO racing shocks or air
shocks. All front and rear springs must match model of car and each other with respect
to wire size and height.
4. Engine must be strickly stock for that make and model and in its original mounts.
Aluminum intakes on factory original cars must remain unpainted. Repaired engine parts
must be approved. NO high performance engines or special order parts. Engines may be
over bored .060 must be stock replacement low compression piston, no flat top 4
eyebrow pistons, must be dished. FLAT TOP PISTONS NOT ALLOWED ,must replace flat
top pistons with low compression dish pistons! THIS IS THE ONLY ENGINE MODIFICATION
ALLOWED!!! No Pontiac 400s.Carburetor must be a stock 2 or 4 barrel only.Cam must be
stock lift for model with at least 18" vacuum at 1000rpm. Optional equipment: engine fan,
air breather,valve springs can be Z28 SPRINGS, Shims can be used under valve springs
limit of .60 per spring. ford solenoid, radiator, and fan shroud (can be made from
5. Exhaust must be stock cast iron. NO center dump manifolds. NO x pipes. NO H pipes.
Straight exhaust pipes. Can run Y pipe that came stock on car .
6. Transmission must be stock and available in that model. Straight drives must have a
stock type clutch,pressure plate, throw-out bearing, and flywheel. Flywheel must remain
stock for make and model of car. Automatics may have a cooler mounted in the drivers
7. Rearend must be stock for make and model no gear lower than 3.42. May weld spider
gears. Positraction rear OK.
8. Tires any 60,70,75,or 78 series street legal DOT tires. NO truck, mud grips,
hi-performance, directional, special order, snow, trick gumball, fancy, or exotic tires of
9. Wheels must be stock steel or may run the aftermarket Nomad spoke wheels
7" stock offset wheels only. Large 1" wheel lugnuts may be used.
10. Battery may be moved to backseat area/ drivers compartment of car securely
11. Rollcage is recomended but not required bars may pass thru front firewall to A frame
and around fuel tank in rear.
12. Fuel cell recomended but not required
13. NO lead or any type of weight may be added to car.
14. If car didn't come with it you can't run it so don't ask.
15. All safety requirements apply to this division. 16.Pistons must be at least .009" in
17. Heads can not vary more than 4 cc's from stock. NO angle milling.
18. Stock Replacement AXLES only.
19. Pump Gas only.
|Enduro Car Rules for 6-07-14
|Save time and pre-
enter and save $20.00
on your car entry fee.
Cost to pre-enter is just