BLUE RIDGE OUTLAW LATEMODEL RULES!!!!
(((( as of July 1st 2017 )))) if you enter and race a blue ridge outlaw latemodel event without removing the roof you will
only receive 1/2 the prize money........
1.Weight – Engine #1 2350 lbs. Spec. Engine 2350lbs. May have air cleaner hole in the hood.
Super Late Model Engine******(NO CI RULE)same as all local super series (all aluminum)2400 lbs.+50 lps in front of
engine plate=2450 lbs
Supers with steel blocks =2400 lbs
Limited Late Model Engine ,525gm engine 2250lbs
gm and Ford sealed crate engines=no weight rule.
( 1 lp per lap burn off....) ALL ENGINES
Chassis and Suspension:
1.Engine setback – 6” maximum, measured #1 spark plug to top of center ball joint.
2.Rear of car may be opened.
3.76” maximum width on body 1” tolerance
4.101” minimum wheel base
5.8” rear spoiler 52"maximum height from ground 76” wide,MAY RUN 12'' SPOILER and 12" left side spoiler can not go
forward past drivers compartment.... ON ALL CARS EXCEPT SUPER LATEMODELS..(8" spoiler)
& 4in spoiler allowed on left fender and nose filler (mounted at nose ear SAME length) all cars except supers......AND
ALL RACE are (TOPLESS )
Any car with top still on will not receive extra spoilers,weight break or burn off.
6.No part of body may extend beyond the plane established by the 76” width
7.Rear bumper may not extend over ½ width of rear tire on each side. May be curved
inside rear quarter panels at 90 degree angle.
8.Front push bars allowed, may not exceed width of front chassis rail
9.Suspension OPEN – ANY TYPE
10.Front and rear wrecker pick ups are MANDATORY
11. Carolina Clash Body Rules
525 engine rules (same as FUEL racing series)
...602& 604 gm crate latemodels same as (SECA & FASTRAK )
1.Cubic inch 365 cubic inch max. NO TOLERANCE.
2.Block – ANY CAST IRON
3.Crankshaft – ANY
4.Rods – any steel
5.Pistons – flat top only
6.Camshaft – any
7.Heads – any cast iron OEM Iron Eagle not to exceed 215 runner (number must be molded on head)
Ford - ?#?M?-6049-N351
Bow Tie – allowed
Dart II Sportsman, Part #1112, 1122, 1212, 1222, 1115, 1125, 1215, 1225
1 ½” (1.500) Blend from the bottom of the valve seat
8. Valves – any
9. Lube systems – any
10. Intake – any
11. Exhaust system – any
12. Engine protest will be accepted on block, rods, pistons, cubic inch, and heads only.
Engine #2 Spec Engine:
This engine uses Brodix SUPR “Spec” heads.
1.Cubic Inch – 365 inch max. NO TOLERANCE.
2.Block – any cast iron
3.Crankshaft – any
4.Rods – any steel
5.Pistons – flat top only
6.Camshaft – any
7.Brodix SUPR “Spec” heads (55cc minimum combustion chambers) with Titanium Valves.
Brodix SUPR “Spec” heads (60cc minimum combustion chambers) with stainless valves.
8.Any valve. 11/32 valve stem size
9.Lube systems – any
10.Intake – Chevrolet engines must have a Brodix HVI intake with no modifications except
for port matching ¾” to Felpro 1206. Ford engines must have an Edelbrock Victor Jr. intake
with no modifications except for port matching ¾” Felpro 1262.
11.Exhaust system – any
12.Engine protest will be accepted on block, rods, pistons, cubic inch, and heads only
Addition to SUPR “Spec” Engine Paragraph:
SUPR “Spec” heads with SUPR cast logos.
Chevrolet SUPR “spec” head with SUPR cast logos.
Ford SUPR “spec” head with SUPR logo on the outside and SPEC logo on intake and exhaust ports.
1.Intake port opening NO larger than original opening and may be port matched. Chevrolet may use FelPro 1206
gasket and FORD may use a FelPro 1262.
2.Chevrolet intake opening may be ground or polished ¾” or NO farther into port than the closest edge or the closest
letter or the SUPR logo. Ford intake opening may be ground or polished 3/8”. Intake port polishing will be allowed NO
more than 1 ½” below the bottom of the original seat ring on the back side of the bowl area, and NO more than 1” on
the short side. Any opening up of head past these points will be illegal.
3.Polishing will be allowed in the combustion chamber area to avoid hot spot chafing.
4.Polishing will be allowed in exhaust ports as long as the original SUPR logo is NOT affected or port shape is not
5.NO intake or exhaust port relocation, raising, enlargement, or reshaping of any type.
6.Valve angle and placement may NOT be altered in any way on the SUPR “spec” head. NOTE: SUPR has and will be
using, Brodix supplied checking templates and tools on the SUPR head. DON’T GO past three points or templates and
tools will disqualify you.
7.In the rules above, if it doesn’t say you can, then don’t.
NOTE: These head and intake manifold combinations were designed with one thing mind, to have equal air flow. If
anything is done to increase airflow above original specs by manufacturer, they will be illegal.
SUPR logo must remain, with NO changes, in all locations. Flat top pistons ONLY. No titanium valves, crankshafts or
Late Model Engine Rules for a (Super Late Model Engine)
******* No CUBIC INCH rule************ same as WOO,lucas oil,carolina clash ,etc
1. Engines must be based on a factory design and must naturally aspirated. Aluminum or steel blocks permitted.
2. No fuel injection devices, electric fuel pumps, turbo chargers, or blowers permitted.
3. Magnetos are permitted. However, the engine must have operating self-starter.
4. The engine is permitted to be set back a maximum of twenty-five and one half inches.
(25.5) from the centerline of the balljoint to the front of the motor plate? Engine bellhousing flange.
5. Carburetor is limited to one four barrel..
6. All engines limited to one spark plug and two valves per cylinder.
Late Model Engine Rules for
(((((( Limited Late Model Engine)))))
1. 365 C.I. max. with clearance and wear.
2. No roller cams.
3. Flat top pistons only.
4. Roller Rocker arms OK.
5. Only cast iron GM cylinder heads or World Products Torker.
6. No porting or polishing of heads. No modifications of intake or exhaust runners at all.
1 1/2" Bowl Blend Max.
7. No aluminum blocks or heads.
8. Engine location 6" max. Setback from center of ball joint to first spark plug hole.
9. One four barrel carburetor.
10. One Adapter only 1" max. 2 gaskets.
1.Fuel gasoline ONLY.
2.Carburetor – any 4 barrel.
3.Fuel Pump – any mechanical. NO ELECTRIC.
4.Fuel cells MANDATORY
American racer. ..12,38,44,48,56 ,pro 2,pro 3
Or any tire marked SPEC....
All (super latemodels) must be on a right rear that (MUST) punch 45 or harder at all times....... NO
Grooving and siping allowed. ....
(B) Chemical alterations of any tires are strictly prohibited. No tire softeners or
conditioners which alter the chemical compound of the tire will be permitted. This
includes, but is not limited to, tire soaking, internal applications or the use of tread
softeners. This will be strictly enforced.
(((((Must meet benchmark no exceptions)))))
1st offense ($1000) fine
2nd offense ($5000) fine suspended for 365 days
>>>>Always 1lb per lap burn off in mains and heats....(topless)
>>>>>25lb weight break for head and neck safety devices.....(topless)
>>>>>>25lb weight break for racing gloves and racing shoes.........(topless)
>>>>>>>25lb weight break for fully contained seat.
Update for 2017 RULES
Any car not equipped with full containment racing seat MUST have(FULL window net)
Fire suppression system will get you a 25lb weight break!!!!!!!!!!
Protest Rules .
1. After protest has been filed and money has been put up, it will not be returned for any reason. Protest cannot be
taken down once it is filed; this is to avoid swapping money, which is unfair to rest of field.
2. For protest money to go to car that has been protested, he must tear down and be checked and found legal.
3. Protests or questions will be made by driver only.
4. To protest any car in the field, you must finish directly behind them or protest all cars between. Must be on lead lap
at checkered flag. Protested car may back pull protesting car only on equal or less items.
5. All protests must be submitted to the Tech man within five (5) minutes after the first 3 cars has crossed the scales.
6. Driver filing protest is all that will be allowed in protest area other than security and track officials.
7. All visual protests must be made in the same manner, as other protests except they have to be made before any
Main Events start. Cost is $25. Bodies are not protest item and will be governed by track.
8. Cost of protest in all divisions: two (2) items $300 top only. One protest per car per night- this is to stop any spite
protest. Acceptance fee is $100 for protest. The protested car to accept the protest will put up this fee. If found to be
legal, acceptance fee will be returned along with protest money MINUS tech fee ($100). This money goes to the track. If
illegal, acceptance fee goes to track. Money and points will be forfeited.
9. Protested cars have (5) minutes to accept or refuse protest. After acceptance, protested car has 5 mins. to back pull
protesting car. If he or she accepts the protest, parts must be ready for inspection within one (1) hour. (Tech man
.PROTEST: (Two things only) $300 with track retaining $100.($100 acceptance fee)1. Bottom End protest: $600 with
track retaining $100.($100 acceptance fee)2. 602 -6O4 and 525 gm crate protest Any protest items not specifically
covered below are considered track protest items, track protest rules will apply .
Crate engine protest as listed below.
1-Complete engine teardown: $1000 ($200 acceptance fee) - Engine will be impounded and checked by certified
builder. $200 to the builder, $200 to the track $800 to the winner of the protest.
Non Sealed (engines that have been unsealed, not resealed by certified builder) $700 ($300 acceptance fee)- Engine
will be impounded and checked by a certified builder ($200 to builder- $200 to the track $600 to winner of the protest).
4. Tire Chemical Protest: $150.00 per tire to protest.